Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Year Filing

Do you have receipts, pay stubs, insurance papers, bank statements, and a whole pile of papers that need to be filed or organized, but don't know what to do with it?  I never knew a good system for keeping track of important items that I might need to reproduce at some point. I saw this idea in a magazine a few years ago (Better Homes and Gardens I think) for organizing important paperwork a year at a time.  It is VERY simple.  Every January I create a new one for the year.  First, buy an accordion file, it does not have to be fancy, but the amount of tabs on the inside depend on the number of files you want to create.  I label the front of the file with the year.
On the inside, you can create labels for each type of document you wish to keep.  My labels are:
  • Income
  • Insurance
  • Medical
  • Receipts
  • Banking
  • Misc.
You can use these, create your own, or add more as you need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment